of Safety Practices
Bermex company policy states that
the health and safety of the employee takes precedence over all other
concerns. The goals are to prevent accidents, reduce personal injury and
occupational illness, and to comply with safety and health standards.
As such, Bermex devotes
considerable attention to this matter. Management and field personnel are
trained with safety as a focal point. Bermex Managers and Supervisors in every
office hold scheduled safety meetings covering such subjects as driving
safety, weather awareness and safety, animal safety, slips and falls, as well
as health and fitness. In addition,
safety information is communicated through written hand-outs, Safety
Team meetings, and postings within
As standard Bermex procedure, all Bermex offices follow the safety
procedures described below:
• Safety practices and procedures are
a specific topic during training, and monitored on a
• Meter readers are equipped with dog repellant and equipment
required for their particular job, such as safety
boots, safety goggles, gloves,
first aid kits, safety vests, fire
• All Bermex vehicles are marked with Bermex identification
and the appropriate safety devices, such as warning
signs, and flashing lights.
• Bermex meter readers adopt the safety policies and
practices of the client.
• Bermex management
performs a review of driver's licenses every six months.
• Bermex' insurance company performs annual audits of safety
• Bermex Managers and Supervisors comply with the Injury
& Illness Prevention Program... Continued...